Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cakes, Cakes and More Cakes

Its been a while since my last blog and I don't know where the time has gone! I've been busy making cards and cakes and all the other mundane stuff that we have to do.

I've just finished my third Wilton cake class and I'm really pleased with the new skills I have learned. In this latest class we worked with royal icing and learned to make beautiful flowers for decoarting cakes with. Over the last three weeks I've been making lots of flowers for my 'homework' and so last night on the final evening of my class I had a nice selection to choose from to decorate my cake with.


Last week I met up with some friends for lunch and I brought the dessert! I used some of the pretty violets I'd made to cover a little oval cake. It didn't last long and was all gone by the end of lunch so I guess it must have tasted pretty good too.






For a friends 50th Birthday I made her a present cake! It was a chocolate and vanilla sponge layered cake with vanilla buttercream and strawberry preserve. Covered in yellow fondant and decorated with fondant polka dots and lovely big bow.






I'm entering my first cake competition in May so I'll be making a few more cakes for that and then I also have some requests for cakes for birthdays including a roulette wheel cake and also a wedding cake in July! pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment