Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wilton Cake Decorating Class

I'm always looking to try out new craft projects and I love to bake so what better than to take a Wilton cake decorating class at my local Michaels store. The class was held over 4 weeks, every Monday evening and during the class we decorated two 8 inch round cakes and a dozen cupcakes.

It was great fun and I felt like a kid again, playing with the icing and colors and creating my own unique designs on the cakes. they all tasted really good too. My favourite was this Mondays cake which I baked a delicious carrot and pineapple cake and filed it with a yummy almond pie filling and then covered the whole cake in white buttercream icing. At the class we were shown how to make the beautiful piped roses out of the buttercream icing and off we went.

I'm looking forward to the next class in which we get to work with the rolled fondant and learn to make flowers out of that.

Here are afew photos of the three cakes I decorated in the class.
First Lesson Second lesson

Last Lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment