Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring is Here

The clocks have just sprung forward, and the flowers are beginning to bloom in the garden, so Spring must be here.  Its always so exciting to see the green sprouts of plants in the garden start to peak through the dry mulch, pushing their way back up to the light after hibernating all winter.

To help them along them way I spent several hours in the garden tidying up and removing all the 'dead' stuff that had protected them throughout the winter. Thankfully this winter wasn't anything like last years, with hardly any snow accumulation for us.

I bet by the end of the month we'll be hearing the sound of lawn mowers revving up and smell of freshly cut grass in the air.

Spring is a great to to have a clear out ready for the year ahead, and that's just what I've been doing. Going through my closet and pulling out the things I no longer wear, putting the books that I've read in a pile, and finding other unused items around the house, and taking them up to the Goodwill donation center where hopefully they will be of use to somebody else, as well as helping to raise a few dollars for charity.

The extra hour of daylight in the evenings is the real bonus, and means that I can take my two dogs out for a walk in daylight when I get home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment