Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting ready for my first triathlon!

The day is getting nearer, only 3 days to go until my first triathlon on Sunday. Its all part of my 'bucket list' which I'm starting to work on early. Last year I did my first 1/2 marathon and full marathon so this year I chose a triathlon...during a moment of madeness I'm sure.

And I thought it would be good fun for my husband Clive to do the Triathlon with me too! he doesn't seem to think the same now though, but I'm sure after we finish on Sunday we'll look back and say 'we did it'.

Its been fun doing the training, and a challenge too as I'm not a great swimmer....why I hear you ask did I sign up for it then? well it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy, and I've learned how to swim better. I'll never be the next Micheal Phelps, but I'll be able to finish the race without drowning or passing out.

Whats next on my bucket list then? with regards to crazy physical challenges, I'd really like to have a go at skydiving/parachute jump! Last week I got to go rafting for the first time so that was an amazing experience which want to do it again.

So wish me luck and look out for my report after the race on how it all went. Do something to challenge yourself!! just go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment