Saturday, April 23, 2011

April showers bring May flowers, but why wait till May!

Today I have just finished decorating a beautiful birthday cake for a little girl who is turning 4.  I love making new cakes and this one was challenging as the little girl can't eat wheat or dairy products!  I always want to make sure that my cakes are as delicious to eat as they are to look at so after some research I found a delicious gluten free recipe for the cake and used dairy free butter to make the buttercream.

Once the cake was baked and filled with buttercream, the fun began in decorating it.  Like most little girls Cici loves pink and so what better than a huge pink daisy on the top of her cake.  I added 7 fondant purple butterflies fluttering around the side of the cake too.

I'll be off to deliver the cake shortly so I'm excited to see Cici and her Mom's face when they see it!


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic cake! I am sure the little girl will be thrilled with it. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete