Sunday, March 27, 2011

Card Challenge Day 27 - Bassets are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

My featured card, or should I say cards for today follow on from yesterdays theme of basset hounds. I wanted to try out all three of my new rubber stamps and so ended up creating about 6 different cards in all.

Just by using the stamps in different ways I can create so much more than three different cards.  I especially like the smaller of the stamps which is just a clear outline of a basset hound as I'm able to stamp it out four times, and then cut out different 'layers' to build up a 3d basset.

I'm sure I'll be making lots more of these fun cards ready for the BROOD Ramble in September.  I attended my first Ramble last year and what an amazing day it was.  There were over 150 basset hounds of all shapes, sizes and ages there, along with their owners, all to raise money for the Basset Rescue of Old Dominion (BROOD).  I'm hoping to take Daisy with me this year when I have another booth there to sell my cards.

Well here are my first creations using Barnie, Oliver and Sebastian the basset hound stamps (well they have to have names too!).

Collection of basset cards






No comments:

Post a Comment