Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Madness Day 6 - Inspiration cards!

What a wet and horrible day it is today, I'm glad I'll be staying indoors doing some work on cards and website. I was up really early this morning (too early for a Sunday), and after a wet walk with the hounds I set to work on some new cards.
Today my inspiration was inspiration itself. A friend had asked if I could create some inspiration cards that she could give to her staff at work, and had given me some of her favourite quotes to work with.

Digging through my stacks of paper I found some great paper that I brought years ago, which has the image of Mount Washington and the Statue of Liberty on, in an old sepia/old photograph kind of way. I thought it would be perfect for the one quote by President Roosevelt.

I printed out the quotes onto plain paper, and then printed out the extra verse onto vellum and overlayed them on the front of the card. Some grosgrain ribbon finished them off along with some little brass brads.








1 comment: